Direct MS system quickly analyzes samples requiring minimal prep or expertise to help improve operational efficiencies and competitiveness
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201102005219/en/
The Waters RADIAN ASAP System is a novel direct-from-sample mass detector engineered for non-mass spectrometry (MS) experts to conduct fast and accurate analyses of solids and liquids with minimal sample prep. (Photo: Business Wire)
“As competition among laboratories grows, lab professionals are being challenged to provide quality results and shorten sample turnaround times,” said
Breaking Down the Barriers to Quick, Efficient MS Analysis
Engineered using proven and robust single quadrupole MS technology, and combined with a dedicated Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP) source, the Waters™ RADIAN ASAP System achieves results in seconds after a sample is loaded into the system. Gaseous analyte molecules are ionized by N2 plasma, guided into the instrument and separated by their mass-to-charge ratio. Users obtain real-time sample classification and quality assessment in less than a minute, without the need for a chromatographic separation, conserving the time and resources traditionally lost to sample preparation.
The RADIAN ASAP System is compatible with a variety of Waters software solutions, including OpenLynx, MassLynx™, IonLynx™ and LiveID™. Notably, Waters has released the latest iteration of its
Broad Application Use Cases
The RADIAN ASAP System’s automated set-up, streamlined workflow, and easy operation with minimal training offers laboratories a flexible tool to meet rising demands without sacrificing on analytical performance. Notable applications include:
- Pharmaceuticals, to provide easy access to mass spectral data for instantaneous assessment of reaction progress and the identification of purification fractions;
- Forensics, to empower the rapid, confident identification of illicit drugs against a library of known compounds;
- Food and Beverage, to improve food integrity by verifying product authenticity and safety, adulteration, or degradation by suppliers and regulators;
- Chemicals and Materials, to streamline quality control and product development workflows such as material release testing or formulation performance testing; and
- Academia, to supply academic laboratories with a robust and reliable solution for teaching and method development.
Engineered by Waters in
To learn more about the value of direct MS analysis for forensics, watch this SelectScience webinar, Real-time forensic drug analysis using direct ionization mass spectrometry, now on-demand.
- Learn more about the RADIAN ASAP System on Waters’ web site
Learn more about the RADIAN ASAP System for the rapid identification of bulk drug seizures in The Journal of the
American Society for Mass Spectrometry
# # #
Waters, RADIAN, MassLynx, IonLynx, ASAP and LiveID are trademarks of
PR Manager, Corporate Communications